Presentation is the act of communication such as talking to a group or briefing a team. But when you talk about on the spot presentation, this means that you are called to speak or make a speech that you were not prepared for as at the time called.
I use to think that calling someone to present on the spot was not a very good idea, but this only made me to realise that, there is no topic you can not present or talk about in your filed of study or practise.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PRESENTATION ON THE SPOT
- When you are called to make presentation on the spot, you have to speak calmly and clearly. You have to learn the habit f speaking calmly when making presentation because even practiced speakers gets nervous when asked to give a talk on the spot. Focus on pronouncing your words clearly and not speaking too quickly.
- Make sure that your presentation is short and meaningful. Try to keep your speech as brief as possible and focus on the main point.
- Shore up your confidence by putting up a beautiful smile. This will make you more confident than you thought.
- You can start up your presentation with a quote. This is another way to rely on something that is already out there.
- If a particular topic is not given, make sure you tell a story you already know.
ADVANTAGES ON ON THE SPOT PRESENTATION
- It improves your confidence
- It improves your communication skills
- Presenting on the spot will make you to be prepared at all times.
- It will help you with your career advancement, as they indicate creativity, critical thinking skills, leadership abilities, poise and qualities which are very valuable for the job market.
- When called on the spot to present, without adequate preparation, you may end up starting poorly and this may discourage your audience from listening.
- You can lack focus.
- You might be too nervous to know the right topic to speak on.
- Lack of adequate preparation might make you make a lot of repetitions when delivering your speech which will end up boring your audience.
- Presenting on the spot doesn’t give you the opportunity to practice on what you want to present.
- It makes you nervous
Being called to present on the spot is not as difficult as many makes it look. I did not realise this until it happened to me during on of my lectures. I came to realise that, you can never lack what to say when called at any point to do a presentation rather it builds your skills and makes you more confidence.