Time management refers to the process of realizing the flexible and effective use of time by planning in advance and using certain skills, methods, and tools, so as to achieve the established goals of individuals or organizations. what will be the key point to having good time management?
- Be consistent with your own values. You must establish your own personal values. If your values are not clear, it will be difficult for you to know what is most important to you. When your values are not clear, time allocation must be bad. The point of time management is not to manage time, but to allocate time. You will never have time to do everything, but you will always have time to do what is most important to you.
- Set clear goals. Success equals goals. The purpose of time management is to allow yourself to achieve more of the goals you want to achieve in the shortest possible time; you must write down 4 to 10 goals, find a core goal, rank the importance in order, and then follow Your goals set some detailed plans, your key is to follow the plan
- Change your mind. William James, the father of American psychology, found two attitudes towards time: “This work must be done, it is really annoying, so I can procrastinate as much as I can” and “This is not an order Pleasant work, but it has to be done, so I have to do it right away so I can get rid of it sooner.” When you’re motivated, it’s important to take the first step quickly. Don’t try to overturn your entire habit at once, just force yourself to do something you’re putting off right away. Then, every day starting tomorrow morning, pick the last thing from your time list and do it first.
- Follow the 20 to 80 rule. There are bound to be problems in life that pop up and can’t wait to be solved, and if you find yourself dealing with them every day, it means your time management isn’t ideal. Successful people spend the most time doing the most important things, not the most urgent things, while the average person does the urgent but unimportant things
- Schedule “no interruptions” time. Have at least half an hour to an hour of “undisturbed” time each day. If you can have one hour without anyone’s interference, shut yourself in your own space to think or work, this hour can equal your work efficiency for a day, and even sometimes this hour is more efficient than your 3 days of work. Even better.
- Strictly stipulate the completion deadline. Parkinson (c-Northcote Parkinson) in his book “Parkinson’s Law” (Parkinson’s Law), wrote this sentence: “How much time you have to complete the work, the work will automatically become so much time.” If You have a whole day to do something, and you spend a day doing it. And if you only have an hour to do the work, you’ll do it in an hour more quickly and efficiently.
- Keep a time log. How much time do you spend on what things, record it in detail, how much time you spend going out in the morning (including washing, changing clothes, breakfast, etc.), how much time you spend on rides, how much time you spend visiting clients… put Record the time you spend each day, and you will clearly see what time is wasted. This is the same as accounting. When you find the source of your wasting time, you can change it.
- Understand that time is greater than money. Use your money in exchange for the successful experience of others, and be sure to seize every opportunity to learn from the top people. Choose who you touch carefully, as this will save you a lot of time. Suppose you are with a successful person, he spent 40 years successful, you interact with 10 such people, don’t you condense 400 years of experience?
- Learn to make lists. Write down everything you want to do first so that you can always be clear about the task at hand. Don’t believe that you can remember everything with your brain, and when you see your long list, you will feel a sense of urgency.
- The same kind of thing is best done at once. If you are doing homework on paper, do all the paperwork during that time; if you are thinking, spend a period of time only thinking; if you make a phone call, it is best to accumulate the phone until a certain time to finish it all at once. When you do one thing repeatedly, you will become perfect and your efficiency will definitely increase.
- Do the most productive thing every 1 minute every 1 second. You have to think about the things that are most efficient for you to do a job well, list them down, and allocate time to do them well. Always aim for the bullseye-performance (promotion)
Hope that is helpful to everyone who gets this.