I read an inspiring book some months ago. This book is a must read for people who are inspiring to become leaders in their respective fields. I will be sharing some successful tips from these great leaders.
He is the founder of the Virgin Group. He is a successful creator of many diverse businesses, a global philanthropist and he has a close relationship with parents and children. – Here are some of his success tips:
- Surround yourself with talented, innovative and bold people.
- Be secure enough to recognize that not all of your many ideas will work.
- Be a good listener. Speaking by choosing your words carefully
- Loving People- Have a genuine love of everybody, looking for the best in people. Even if they are being a pain, you can normally find the best in pretty well everybody
- Learn to delegate
- Get the kind of people who praise the team around them.
Richard Branson says -“I Never go into a venture with the idea of making profit. If you can create the best in its field, generally speaking you will find that you will pay the bills and you will make a profit”
“Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate to and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives” Oprah Winfrey
A global Media leader CEO OWN, producer, and actress. She is also a dedicated philanthropist. She was raised in absolute poverty by her grandmother.
•You run your own race better than anybody. If you take your time to see what everybody else is doing, you lose ground.
•Face Adversities Head-On! “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
•Do Not Fear Failure “Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner’s manual your creator gave you and destroying your design.”
•No matter where you are in life, there is always a next level till your last breadth.
•Your legacy is every life that you have touched. We like to think that these philanthropic moments are the ones that leave the impact, or will make the huge difference, but it is really what you do everyday. It is how you use your life to be a light to somebody else’s.
•Take Ownership “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness”.
“The term ‘too big to fail’ must be excised from our vocabulary”. Jamie DimonHe is the world’s best-known, most respected and successful commercial banker since he became the CEO and President of JPMorgan Chase in 2005. A global financial services firm with an asset of $3.1 trillion and operations world wide. He became CEO in 2006. During his tenor, its market value increased from 132bn to 2.2 trillion.
- I look at business like “ I wear the jersey everyday. I am not a hired gun, I am going to bleed for the company and give it everything I have got and then hand it off to someone else
- I do not like people who work at a company and talk about it like it is a 3rd party.
- Government cannot fix everything. There are people who really care about making it a better country , If you do not get involved policy will be set by other people.
- A true leader is one who is humble enough to admit their mistakes
I do hope that these words of wisdom will change a thing or two about how we view leadership.